Authors Help Feed the Hungry
Created 393 | Supported 3776
116 of 25
"Authors Talk About It's 2016 Contest will help feed and sustain families around the world http://hdtk.co/rG41p"
— Rob Alex and 116 other supporters
Book awards give you clout and credibility!
Whether you’re a first time author or a New York Times Best Seller this book award contest is for you.
Are you ready for the chance to be an award-winning author?
All entrants receive the following:
- A 250-350 word review of your book, which you can use/post wherever you like simply by adding “Originally reviewed for Authors Talk About It Book Award Contest by _____”
- A badge to share on your site that states the following: A 2016 Book Award Contest Entrant Helping Feed the World *We donate $5.00 of every entry to Heifer International to help end hunger and poverty.
- A virtual class: 3 Easy Ways to Promote Your Book
Who/what can enter:
- Authors 18 years of age or older
- Published and unpublished books, manuscripts and ebooks are accepted
- Books in the following categories:
- General Fiction
- Romance (Erotica is currently not accepted. Spicy and steamy? Yes, but nothing explicit.)
- General Children/Young Adult Fiction
Those earning 3-5 Stars in their review receive:
- Featured post on Authors Talk About It
- Offer to do an interview on the podcast (4-5 Stars)
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+
- Digital Badge for 4-5 Stars
Those earning less than 3 Stars in their review:
- Reviews are more of a critique with helpful feedback and are not posted in a featured post
Grand Prize – $2997 value
- Author VIP Day with Rob and Janelle (virtually or in-person)
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+ throughout 2017
- Featured on homepage November 2016 through January 2017 (3 months in total)
- Featured on sidebar through all of 2017
- Audio promo on podcast 6x in January 2017
- Announcement during winners showcase on podcast
- Additional interview as Gold Award Winner 2016
- Listed in featured post as ATAI Book Award Contest Gold Award Winner 2016
- Badge as ATAI Book Award Contest Gold Award Winner 2016
- Roll of Gold Award Winner stickers
Category 1st Prizes – $697 value
- Virtual class: Outside the Box Marketing
- Promotion across our combined social media of 40K+ for 3 months
- Featured on sidebar through January 2017
- Listed in featured post as ATAI Book Award Contest 1st Place Winner
- Badge as ATAI Book Award Contest 1st Place Winner
- Announced during winners showcase on podcast
Entry fee is:
Early-bird through January 31, 2016 – $60.00
Official opening for submissions fee as of February 1, 2016 – $75.00
Submissions Deadline: August 15, 2016
Finalists announced: October 1, 2016
Winners announced: November 1, 2016
**Finalists and winners are notified via the email they entered with as well as in a featured blog post on ATAI and on a special podcast on those days.
How to submit your book
- Pay via the button below.
- Upon payment you’ll be taken to a page with submission details (email address and/or postal address to send copy of book to and any other information we need such as book cover jpeg, author name and bio, book title, subtitle, author email, agent/publicist email if applicable, contact phone number, book description, etc.) *Digital copies must be sent as PDF, Kindle gift, or .docx. Print copies are NOT returned.
- If you have any questions, you can email us at email@example.com.
Reviews and Judging
Books are assigned to Authors Talk About It reviewers and the review and area ratings and overall number of stars will be emailed to the author (or representative) within 4-6 weeks after submission. Ratings range from 2-5 stars. Anything less than 4 stars is written as a critique with helpful comments as well as pointing out the positives of the book. Though we do not give 1 star ratings, the reviews are honest and when necessary, are meant to offer constructive criticism.
Star ratings are based on the following areas:
- Appearance – cover, chapter headings, images/illustrations, etc.
- Plot/Concept – consistent tone, clear theme, etc.
- Development – realism, smooth progression, organization, etc.
- Description of Scenes or Concepts – vividness, smooth transitions, etc.
- Grammar/Typos – well written or numerous errors
- Target Fit – good fit for the target audience
- Overall – an average of the above 6 areas
The staff of Authors Talk About It will select five finalists for each category. They will then make a final decision on winners after comparing the ratings in the six main areas and the overall ratings. *If for any reason, there is only one entry in a category that does not guarantee a first place win. The author must earn his/her win by writing a high quality book. All rating areas are looked at before a decision is made.
What are you waiting for? Enter NOW!
Good Luck we and our reviewers look forward to reading your books!