Read Your Way to Success!
Created 2 | Supported 9
102 of 100
"The all-new way to discover,read & apply life-changing ideas from amazing non-fiction books, on the fly! http://hdtk.co/dHoPW"
— Obie Akpachiogu and 102 other supporters
The world is indeed moving so fast that humans have to adapt to make sense of it all. At Fred McLaurence LLC we know the following to be true regarding our changing world;
- Ideas, innovation, creativity, meaning, self-directedness, entrepreneurship and start-ups will continue to shape the future.
- Knowledge and lifelong learning will remain the key tool for being a successful part of this future that is already here.
- Books represent a key medium of learning that will enable us all to adapt, succeed and thrive in a changing world. Success leaves clues and books hold those clues.
- The information overload we suffer today can be a major obstacle to embracing lifelong learning. We must therefore curate or drown. We must adapt our learning effectively.
- Only those who are able to synthesize vast amounts of information and usethat to concoct winning strategies, products or services will rule the future.
Bearing these in mind, we have designed a service around non-fiction books that provides wonderful learning opportunities that fit our current day life style and learning styles.We branded it bookGUTS. Essentially, we gut the classic, relevant and latest non-fiction books and render the actionable ideas they contain in a suite of formats that fit how we live and learn today. Our goal is to bring this learning tool or experience to as many people as possible by making the service very affordable (below $100 as opposed to $299 subscription and $2.99 per book summary pricing by existing services who offer only a few formats). Let’s break this mechanism that keeps prices prohibitive. This is digital after all. Learning tools of the sort that supports entrepreneurship and personal development should indeed be cheap and affordable to all. Our world would be the better for it and that’s our goal.
We need you to support this cause to reach a critical mass of 1 million users both free and paid in our first year of launch. This will help keep this service quite cheap and affordable. An educated world is clearly a better world! There’s no better way to initiate learning than from the devices that hold our attention daily and with a medium even the technology and management gurus endorse and recommend.
Let’s do this!
“I’ve found reading books very intellectually fulfilling. Books allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today.” ~Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook
“I still believe that sitting down and reading a book is the best way to really learn something. And I worry that we’re losing that.” ~Eric Schmidt, Google
“From now on, the key is knowledge. The world is not becoming labour intensive, or materials intensive, or energy intensive, but knowledge intensive.” ~ Peter Drucker, Management Guru